Last updated: 31/03/2019
The Careersnearhere.com website (this ‘Site’) is free to use. We don’t ask users to log-in and we don’t sell your personal details to anyone. However, in making this a free service for you (and the advertisers), we ask that you please read, fully understand and accept the terms & conditions set out in the User Disclaimer below (“User Disclaimer”).
By accessing this Site, you confirm that you accept the terms & conditions set out in the User Disclaimer as follows, and that you agree to comply with them.
- This Site is called Careersnearhere.com and is owned and operated by Careersnearhere Limited (CNH), a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 11560705. The terms ‘you’, “your” and/or ‘user’ refer to the viewer or any user of this Site.
- Careers ‘opportunities’ are deemed to be anything advertised on this Site, including, but not exclusively, talks, events, open days, volunteering, work experience, academic courses and apprenticeship vacancies.
- CNH may revise this User Disclaimer at any time – for example, if there is a change of CNH ownership. If we do so we will post the changes on this page, and place notices elsewhere on this Site. You are therefore reminded and expected to please ensure that you always review the current version of the User Disclaimer.
- If you do not wish to accept any part of the User Disclaimer, you should not use this Site.
Your own risk
- You use this Site – and the content/adverts on this Site – at your own risk.
- The adverts link directly to a third-party and may be to their website, email address or telephone number. You follow these links at your own risk.
- If you select a link to – or apply for a careers opportunity with – a third-party, it is your responsibility to ensure that you (and/or your parents/legal guardians) are completely satisfied that everything meets your own standards and expectations taking into consideration factors such as – but not exclusively – health & safety, risk assessments, insurance, location and timings, as the advertisements are not individually pre-vetted or endorsed by CNH.
- Similarly, if you act on any of the careers information provided, you do so at your own risk.
- Under no circumstances will CNH be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of – or in connection with – the use of this Site or any links to third-parties.
Accessing third-party websites
- Links to third-party websites on this Site are provided for your convenience.
- CNH has not reviewed, does not endorse or control, and is not responsible or liable for the content – including, but not exclusively advertising, products, services and information – on or available from third-party websites.
- CNH is not responsible or liable for the availability of any third-party websites that you may access from this Site, such as – but not exclusively – through embedded hyperlinks or advertised opportunities.
- If you decide to visit any linked website, you do so entirely at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all precautionary measures to guard against the risk of viruses and similar threats.
- CNH is also not responsible or liable for any damage, loss, or offence, caused by, or in connection with, any content – including, but not exclusively advertising, products, services and information – on or available from third-party websites.
- Any terms & conditions associated with such dealings are solely between you and the relevant provider of the service.
- If you follow an external link from this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and the third-party website may collect personal data and information about you and your use of that site. Such websites are not within the control of CNH and you access them at your own risk.
- CNH is not responsible or liable for the quality and quantity of careers opportunities on this Site.
- Whilst all information is provided in good faith, CNH cannot be held liable should that information not be up to date (users are expected to use the Contact Us form at the bottom of each screen to report any out of date information).
- Neither is CNH responsible or liable for any hoax or fake content (users are expected to use the Contact Us form at the bottom of each screen to report any inappropriate use of this Site).
- CNH does not guarantee the reliability or completeness of any information on this Site, nor that the content is free of any inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- CNH reserves the right, at its discretion, to update this Site, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of this Site and to make changes to this Site at any time without notice.
- CNH manages social media content including guest blogs by others, the content of which is provided in good faith, but without endorsement.
- The terms & conditions in this User Disclaimer apply equally to the use of the social media pages as to the use of the CNH website.
- CNH may periodically work with schools/colleges/others to help arrange events.
- These events may be advertised on the CNH website and social media pages.
- The terms & conditions in this User Disclaimer apply equally to the events as to the use of the CNH website.
- If you choose to attend these events, you do so at your own risk and agree not to hold CNH responsible or liable for any damage, loss, or offence caused by, or in connection with your involvement with those events.
CNH is not responsible or liable for any issues connected with your applying for careers opportunities including without limit
- Anything that may happen as the result of following up on information/opportunities on this Site.
- Health & safety/risk assessments or adequate insurance provision when you attend any of the opportunities advertised.
- Your transport to/from/during any opportunities you apply for that have been posted on this Site.
- Helping you in any way (financially or otherwise) to apply for or attend any of the opportunities.
- Any claims by others made against you as a user of this Site.
- Any withdrawn opportunities whether intentionally or accidentally removed from this Site.
CNH does not endorse
- Any of the opportunities advertised.
- Any of the websites, videos, careers services, or others referenced on this Site.
- Any of the Sixth Forms, Colleges, Universities or other local academic providers.
- Any of the businesses, educational establishments, training companies, voluntary organisations, representative bodies or others linked to from on this Site.
CNH does not provide
- Individual careers guidance
- A personal Careers Adviser service
- A recruitment service for graduates / permanent jobs
- It is free to search this Site (we want young people and their advisers to find something to help with their next steps!)
- However, CNH reserves the right to change this and will update this Site should that become the case.
This Site is primarily intended for use by
- Aged 16-21 years
- Parents/family/carers/legal guardians
- Careers advisers
- Youth support organisations
- Local authorities
- Others with valid interests
- You may only use this Site for lawful purposes.
- Restrictions include, but are not limited to, conduct which is defamatory, or which may harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or interruption of the normal flow of dialogue within this Site.
Using this Site if you are under 18 years old
- You must only use this Site with the consent of a parent/legal guardian.
- CNH is not responsible or liable for any applications which you may make for opportunities on this Site, or for any links you may follow up on from this Site.
- CNH is not responsible or liable for any actions you take acting on any of the information provided on this Site.
- You must ensure that a responsible adult (parent/legal guardian) is aware of and approves your intent to apply for any opportunities.
All users are expected to
- Apply responsibly for any advertised opportunities.
- Only apply for opportunities for which they have a genuine interest.
- Liaise directly with the organisations offering the opportunities.
- Minimise the need for any involvement or intervention by CNH.
Usage restricted to within the UK
- CNH does not imply that content on this Site is appropriate, or available, for use outside of the United Kingdom.
- Access to this Site is prohibited in countries where any or all of this Site content is illegal.
- If you access this Site from a location outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with the local laws.
- You agree to indemnify CNH against any claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities arising in any manner whatsoever from your entry to and use of this Site – other than in accordance with the terms & conditions in this User Disclaimer.
- If you have any concerns about the use of this Site, or object to material posted in any way, please use the Contact Us form to alert us. This is located near the general Help section at the bottom of every screen.