Last updated: 25/03/2019
What is a Cookie?
- A cookie is a small file; a tiny piece data which can be stored on your mobile device or on your computer website browser when you visit a website.
- It is sent to you by the website server when you visit a website. Cookies sent to you by the website you are visiting are called first party cookies.
- Each cookie is unique to your web browser and can only be retrieved by the website server that sent it.
- This Site is called Careersnearhere.com and is owned and operated by UWE, Bristol (the data controller), a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 11560705.
- The terms ‘you’, “your” and/or ‘user’ refer to the viewer or any user of this Site.
- Use of the Site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use the Site.
- Careers ‘opportunities’ are deemed to be anything advertised on this Site, including, but not exclusively, talks, events, open days, volunteering, work experience, academic courses and apprenticeship vacancies.
- The term ‘advertiser’ refers to any individual, whether acting alone or on behalf of their employer, who directly or indirectly lists any career opportunities on this Site.
Agreement to cookies
- Users can also set their website browsers to accept all, or certain, cookies.
Unhappy with cookies
- You can also set your web browser to refuse/block cookies, or to warn/prompt you before accepting any, or to disable/delete any cookies already stored on your computer. However, you may find there are parts/functions of the Site that you cannot access if your cookies are turned off.
- There are details about the main types of website browsers and instructions on how to turn off cookies for all websites, not just for CNH, on aboutcookies.org.
The purpose of cookies
- Cookies are used to make websites work more efficiently and to collect information about how visitors use the site.
Which cookies do we use and why?
Strictly necessary cookies
- These are cookies that are required for the operation of the CNH website.
- They include, for example, cookies that enable Advertisers to log into the Site.
- These allow CNH to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it.
- This helps CNH to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- CNH also uses Google Analytics. This is a website analytics service provided by Google, Inc. which sets a cookie to evaluate use of those services and compile a report for us. User data is anonymous. Please refer to the consent section (above) if you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics cookies for CNH.
- These are used to recognise when registered Advertisers return to the Site.
- This enables CNH to personalise content, greet Advertisers by name and remember their preferences.
- These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
- CNH will use this information to make the Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to user interests generally.
- We may also choose to share this information, but not your personal details, with third parties for this purpose.
Third party cookies
- CNH only uses first-party cookies and so no information is passed to third parties.
- To support our content, we sometimes also embed photos and videos from websites such as YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. As a result, you may be presented with cookies from these websites when you click on such content. CNH does not control these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information.
- Users are reminded and expected to please ensure that you review the current versions of the User Disclaimer and Website Terms & Conditions. There are additional terms & conditions for advertisers and sponsors to review which can be accessed via the Advertisers & Sponsors Portal at the top of the screen.
- Cookies are covered under the definition of personal data in the Act and could potentially be used to identify an individual by their IP address.