Welcome to Careersnearhere.com!
This is an independent, careers noticeboard for 16-21 year olds where you can explore local open days, events, talks, volunteering and work experience opportunities as well as local academic courses and apprenticeship vacancies – it’s free and it’s all listed in one place! It is also available outside term-time!
Everything is live, local to the region, and relevant to the career sector of choice, so every young person – no matter what their ability – should be able to fill their CV or Personal Statement with recent careers experiences to talk about at Interview.
Supported by active social media, Careersnearhere has been designed to complement the traditional toolkit of careers advice and guidance resources so definitely worth a look.
And, before you start, please show Careersnearhere.com and the User Disclaimer to your parents/guardians if you are under 18 so they can understand how it works and support you in any relevant applications that you choose to make.
Careersnearhere.com is a simple signposting service based on the concept of careers rooms; each one representing a local career sector – e.g. Health & Social Care.
In each careers room there are four specialist noticeboards:
- Inspiration– e.g. specialist careers fairs, short courses, talks, open days & events
- Experience– e.g. volunteering, work experience, weekend/evening jobs & internships
- Academic– e.g. sixth form, college & uni courses, sponsored degrees & grants/scholarships
- Apprenticeships– relevant vacancies for traineeships through to degree apprenticeships
Each noticeboard advertises local opportunities which are suitable for 16-21 year olds and relevant to the chosen careers room. By local we mean that the opportunity must be located in a BS or BA postcode area (although Other Regions are available).
Each advert then simply signposts with a link direct to the detail in an advertiser’s website.
There is also a Multi-Sector Noticeboard advertising more general opportunities, talks and open days which cover multiple career sectors.
Advertisers place adverts on the relevant noticeboard(s) for you to find and apply direct. There is no middleman.
Everything is free for you to use.
Note – Careersnearhere does not include graduate opportunities or permanent jobs. We also don’t provide personal careers advice & guidance: there’s more on this in the Careers Advice & Guidance Online and Careers Advisers sections at the bottom of the screen.
The benefits of Careersnearhere.com are listed on the About Us page at the bottom of the screen.
If you’re looking for something relevant for your CV
- Choose a careers room of interest – either from the pictures or list (tabs at top of page)
- Decide what you’re looking for – i.e. which Noticeboard to look at
- Explore your chosen Noticeboard for relevant and local opportunities
- Click on How to Apply in the advert to get to the detail on the advertiser’s website
And if you could just do with some simple overviews
- Scroll to the blue banner at the bottom of every screen
- There’s Post 16 Options
- Post 18 Options
- And a glimpse of two of our busy social media pages. Follow for more:
No idea what you want to do? – Start on Explore Local Careers at the top of the screen. Follow your instincts and click on the boxes that most appeal to you.
Right Local Industry, but wrong sub-sector? – Try a different one: they are like rooms in specialist buildings (e.g. Advanced Engineering). You are in the building so why not wander between the different rooms to see which appeals most (e.g. Aerospace Engineering).
Ready to start exploring? – Simply choose the sector(s) of interest, select one of the noticeboards and start attending the advertised careers opportunities. They will all be relevant to the sector you have chosen and should add real value to your CV and Personal Statement.
It’s Your Future – Let’s Get It Started!