Careersnearhere is different …
In the Bristol and Bath region*, we are working hard to bridge the gap between young people and the enormous range of often untapped opportunities right here on the doorstep, but this is not a personal advice and guidance website. Instead – with a background in both corporate and in education – we have developed a unique and complementary solution to a national challenge that works on a regional basis:
Free for our audience:
- Free access to the website for young people, parents/carers and schools – we do not capture or on-sell student details
- Proactive engagement with local schools – free school advertising plus talks, events** and a new careers bulletin
- Informative Blogs – what’s on, academic paths, apprenticeships, careers focus and motivation topics
- Alignment to statutory requirements for schools
- Engaging with experts that deliver specialist support for BAME, girls, those with disabilities and for disengaged young people
- Active social media providing an effective alternative route to different audiences –
Free for the local economy:
- Free self-service advertising of local opportunities
- Simple signposting direct to the provider’s website – there is no middle-man and no charge
- Working with providers – delivering in-school events**, social media promotions, guest Blogs and encouraging new opportunities
- Engaging with key influencers – local government, senior industry leaders and representative bodies
- Sharing best practice examples and ideas resulting from a broad overview – e.g. with representative bodies from different industries
Regardless of their circumstances, we want every young person to have easy access to relevant and local opportunities that will help to get their future started! Read more…
There are no barriers and no tolls on the Careersnearhere bridge between young people, parents, schools and the local opportunities available in this region* – it is simply an altruistic signposting service which spring-boards direct to your website, for free.
And to maximise the visibility of local opportunities, it is also completely free for you to log-in and advertise for yourself on Careersnearhere.com using our quick and easy template forms. You can also update them in seconds if required later. Submit advert …
However, to sustain this model, there are critical sponsorship funding opportunities available:
Commercial reasons – If you would like to raise the visibility of your organisation with 16-21 year olds, their parents and schools on the website throughout the year, why not choose one of the sponsorship packages numbered (1), (2) and (3), below.
Social responsibility – There are also CSR opportunities to Sponsor Others on the site – or to simply Sponsor Us as we try to make it easier for young people, their parents/carers and schools to find relevant and local opportunities to fill CVs and personal statements. The CSR sponsorship packages are listed under option (4), below.
Careersnearhere is based on the concept of rooms aligned to different local career sectors – e.g. Business Admin or Animal Care.
Realistically, only those interested in that career sector – and therefore of greater potential interest to you – will be entering the room to look for live, local and relevant opportunities.
To go into the room, they must pass through a virtual door. Sponsorship of that door means you can maximise your profile before those entering the room reach the noticeboards advertising other relevant opportunities.
Specifically, anyone using a mobile device must first scroll through sponsor information – on the door – before reaching the noticeboards in the room. If you are that sponsor, it increases awareness of your organisation ahead of any competitor and provides opportunities for one or more relevant links to your website.
Whether you are looking to promote your local industry sector or make a social responsibility investment, sponsorship of this free service can offer many benefits to you and your business. To find out more about the opportunities available, contact our sponsorship team here.