Last updated: 18/05/2018
- This Site is called Careersnearhere.com and is owned and operated by Careersnearhere Limited (‘CNH’), a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 09828628.
- The terms ‘you’, “your” and/or ‘user’ refer to the viewer or any user of this Site.
- Use of the Site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use the Site.
- Careers ‘opportunities’ are deemed to be anything advertised on this Site, including, but not exclusively, talks, events, open days, volunteering, work experience, academic courses and apprenticeship vacancies.
- The term ‘advertiser’ refers to any individual, whether acting alone or on behalf of their employer, who directly or indirectly lists any career opportunities on this Site.
- Advertisers may be registered to use the Site, may directly request that adverts are placed by CNH, or simply allow adverts placed by CNH on their behalf (soft opt-in).
- CNH may revise the Advertiser – Terms & Conditions at any time. If we do so we will post the changes on this page, and place notices elsewhere on this Site. You are therefore reminded and expected to please ensure that you review the current version of the Advertiser – Terms & Conditions regularly. Your continued use of the Site after we post any changes means you have agreed to the new terms.
How to advertise on Careersnearhere.com
- Anyone wanting to advertise a careers opportunity on this Site, whether acting alone or on behalf of their employer, is deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions.
- Any person wishing to advertise careers opportunities on this Site must be at least 18 years of age. By accepting these Terms & Conditions you are making a statement, upon which CNH is entitled to rely, that you are aged 18 years or older and capable of forming a legally binding contract.
- Where there is a requirement to register – e.g. for self-service advertising:
- Each registration is for a single user only, either acting alone on or behalf of their employer.
- Whilst CNH endeavours to always act in a timely manner, CNH cannot be held liable in any way should your application not be processed on the day of completing the online registration form.
- CNH reserves the right to refuse a registration form application without explanation.
- Bristol & Bath postcode areas:
- CNH currently requires that all careers opportunities are located in either a BS or BA postcode, regardless of where the Advertiser is based.
- Adverts for opportunities in other postcode areas will be automatically rejected.
- For the avoidance of doubt, if you are based outside the BS and BA postcode areas you are able to register as an Advertiser as long as you have careers opportunities arising in the BS or BA postcode areas (e.g. where a head office, or a training company, is based in a different city, but with careers opportunities available at a local office or with a local employer).
- And if you wish to update or change any adverts that we have added on your behalf, please Contact Us and we will act on your instructions within 2 working days, or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- CNH is aimed at 16-21-year-olds and careers opportunities advertised on this Site should therefore be appropriate for 16-21-year-olds (or 18-21-year-olds as appropriate).
- CNH does not collect details of the Site users and therefore it is for you as an Advertiser to ensure you are fully aware of who you have attending your careers opportunities.
- Wherever possible, the advertised opportunities should specify any minimum age requirements to help guide applicants (and their parents/guardians/advisers).
- Consideration should also be given to whether it is appropriate to offer any position to a minor (i.e. someone aged under 18 years) as CNH will not accept any responsibility for any legalities whatsoever which have been overlooked by any Advertiser whether in their adverts on this Site, or at the actual opportunity.
- The Advertiser hereby agrees to indemnify CNH against any loss and/or damage whatsoever arising from any claims arising from breach of such legalities by the Advertiser.
Number of advertised opportunities
- Each opportunity can be advertised in up to four relevant careers rooms (sectors) on the Site using a single online form accessed via the Submit Advert page.
- It is possible to re-advertise using the back button to create a duplicate form so that the same opportunity may be advertised in other career sectors on this Site, however there must be good reason for choosing each sector.
- All opportunities must be advertised in the relevant career sector and CNH reserves the right to remove the advert and to potentially delete the Advertiser’s registration details with or without warning should there be any breach of these Terms & Conditions, any applicable laws or regulations or where CNH’s rights or any third-party rights are threatened or infringed.
- CNH also reserves the right to disregard details of careers opportunities submitted in any other format, including by post, or by using any other form on the Site.
Username & Password
- If you are registered with CNH, you will be able to choose a username and password to access this Site. You must treat such items as confidential and you must not disclose them to any third party.
- If you cannot remember your username or password, you can request an email reminder here.
- You are not allowed to share your username or password with anyone else as doing so breaches these Terms & Conditions and could result in your advertised content being removed and your registration being deleted. In the worst-case scenario, it could even result in legal action being taken against you personally and/or your organisation.
- Responsibility for the security of any password issued to you by CNH rests solely with you.
- If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password, you are responsible for changing your password on the Site and checking to your satisfaction that all content on the Site in connection with your business has been loaded correctly and by you, taking remedial action as necessary. You must also promptly notify CNH – Contact Us.
Responsible for advertisements
- You are responsible for ensuring that any content relating to you, your organisation and your careers opportunities is displayed correctly on this Site in accordance with your wishes, these Terms & Conditions, CNH’s policies, any applicable law and/or regulations.
- If any content relating to your organisation is not displayed according to the above, you can either edit or delete the content yourself if a Registered Advertiser or notify CNH – Contact Us.
- If your registered personal information changes at any time, you can notify CNH – Contact Us.
- If you are acting on behalf of an organisation and you leave that organisation, you will be expected to delete your CNH account and, as appropriate, to re-register on behalf of the new organisation that you represent here.
- You undertake that all content relating to you and including embedded links to any third-party sites is provided in a virus, malware and other malicious material-free digital format.
- If your careers opportunity links to another website, you are responsible for checking that there is appropriate content on that external website and that the link is working.
- If your careers opportunity is for a minor (under 18 years old) you are responsible for ensuring that the opportunity is legally compliant in every respect and appropriate to that age, including collecting the contact details for a parent/guardian and requesting that a parent/guardian attend the careers opportunity with the minor as appropriate.
- If you are a Registered Advertiser, you will be able to access your own advertised careers opportunities to edit or delete them by first logging in to the Site.
- As a Registered Advertiser, you are expected to act in keeping with the best practice of CNH. This includes linking adverts to external sites which are not in any way in competition with CNH – or which capture applicant details before allowing them access to opportunities: this is not what we do at CNH. By way of example, apprenticeship vacancies would only be expected to link direct to the website of the employer, their training company or to the government’s national websites. Any other links should first be approved by CNH – Contact Us.
CNH adding your careers information and opportunities to the Site
- On occasions, CNH may (and you hereby authorise CNH to) advertise careers information and opportunities relating to your organisation whether on the Site or on social media.
- This is done in good faith to promote local careers information and opportunities for 16-21-year-olds and is expected to be beneficial to your organisation in terms of advertising your organisation with others locally.
- If you do not wish CNH to add your careers opportunities to this Site, please let us know – Contact Us.
- CNH manages social media content including guest blogs by others the content of which is provided in good faith, but without endorsement
- These Terms & Conditions apply equally to the use of the social media pages as to the use of the CNH website
- CNH may periodically work with schools/colleges/others to help arrange events
- These events may be advertised on the CNH website and social media pages
- These Terms & Conditions apply equally to the events as to the use of the CNH website
- If you choose to host or take part in these events, you do so at your own risk and agree not to hold CNH liable in any way for any damage, loss – or offence – caused by, or in connection with your involvement with those events.
- Schools/colleges – By requesting a Focus On event at your school or college you undertake not to hold Careersnearhere Limited in any way liable for anything connected with the event whether the company is directly involved or not. You also agree to the terms of the free volunteering offered and accept that you are solely responsible for the running and delivery of the event should you choose to go ahead.
- CNH endeavours to act responsibly at all times and to maintain a professional standard.
- However, CNH only provides a signposting service in which users, aged 16-21 years, apply direct to Advertisers following advertised contact details, such as website links, as part of careers opportunities posted on the Site.
- CNH does not have any liability whatsoever for any economic or consequential loss, or damage, that may be incurred by you or any other third party in connection with this Site, whether in connection with the use, or inability to use the Site.
- CNH shall not be held liable should your content not be shown on the Site in a requested timescale, and/or should it contain any errors or omissions.
You acknowledge further that CNH shall not be liable for:
- quantity or quality of applicants
- age of applicants
- any hoax applicants
- approaches made by interested third parties for any sales purposes
- health & safety or risk assessments
- adequacy of appropriate insurance provision
- any claims made against you as the Advertiser by any applicants whatsoever whether directly or indirectly as a consequence of using the Site
- and any claims by you should your use of this Site result in the need for servicing, repair or correction of your equipment, software or data for which the costs or damage so incurred are solely your responsibility.
- As an Advertiser, you shall fully indemnify CNH against any claims made in respect of anything untoward happening to any Site users, other parties or any properties, caused directly or indirectly by or in any way whatsoever connected with your use of or your adverts on the Site.
- As an Advertiser, you shall fully indemnify CNH against any claims made in respect of anything untoward happening to you, your organisation or your property caused directly or indirectly by or in any way whatsoever connected with your use of or your adverts on the Site.
- As an Advertiser, you shall fully indemnify CNH against anything untoward happening to CNH, its agents, employees, contractors or shareholders caused directly or indirectly by or in any way whatsoever connected with your use of or your adverts on this Site.
Advertisers – Data Protection & Privacy
- CNH maintains a comprehensive address book of UK-wide organisations that have local opportunities relevant to the careers of 16-21-year-olds.
- CNH reserves the right to use your details as follows:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from CNH or which it feels may interest you in relation to CNH
- to allow you to participate in CNH opportunities where you choose to do so – e.g. events or guest blog advertorials
- or to notify you about changes to CNH’s services
- CNH may disclose your details to a third party:
- in order to comply with any legal obligation
- in order to enforce or apply the various terms & conditions of the Site
- to protect the rights, property or safety of the Site in any way – this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for protection against credit risk and fraud.
- Reassurance for Advertisers
- Save as set out above, CNH will never sell or give any information held on this Site to third parties, including other Advertisers.
Use of content added to this Site
- CNH reserves the right, without notice, to edit, alter, move or delete, any advertised careers opportunity without notice to you.
- CNH and its agents do not have any obligations regarding the content you provide to this Site and CNH is therefore free to copy it (e.g. into social media), share it and otherwise use such material and all associated data for any and all commercial purposes.
- You also allow CNH to publish reviews of your careers opportunities as and when required.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the law of England.
- All disputes arising in connection with these Terms & Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Should any court or tribunal find any of these Terms & Conditions unenforceable for any reason, the remaining conditions shall be enforceable.
- CNH does not permit the use of the Site anywhere outside the United Kingdom. If you access this Site outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
- You may not transfer, assign or otherwise deal with your rights under these Terms & Conditions.
Third Party Rights
- The contract between us is not made for the benefit of, nor shall any of its provisions be enforceable by, any person other than you or CNH.
Lawful use of the Site
- You may only use the Site for lawful purposes.
- CNH will fully cooperate with the police or similar public bodies to uphold the law.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site, any content which is threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, blasphemous, or which may in way harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person or which you know to be factually incorrect or which is contrary to the laws of the country in which the Site is being viewed or which otherwise may bring CNH or the Site into disrepute.
- Your advertised careers opportunities must also not contravene any applicable law including without limit the Trades Description Act 1968, the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the Sex Discrimination Act 1975,Equality Act 2010, Modern Slavery Act 2015, the Business Advertisements (Disclosure) Order 1977., the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and you are also required to fully comply with the British Code(s) of Advertising Practice and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as any of such laws or codes may be amended from time to time.
- You may not misuse the Site including, without limitation, by hacking, doing anything which is technically harmful to either the Site or the websites of those linking to your content via the Site
- CNH reserves the right to request that you edit or remove the offending advert as detailed below.
- CNH also reserves the right to involve the police should the situation warrant it.
Request to edit or remove advertised content
- Should CNH require you to change or remove any content placed on this Site in connection with yourself or your organisation, you agree to act on that instruction on receipt of the request without delay.
- It is assumed that you will have registered with CNH as an advertiser to have loaded your own advert. In which case you can edit or delete your own adverts by logging in, then finding the advert under the relevant noticeboard in the My Adverts section.
- Any advert placed on the Site, whether by a Registered Advertiser or their agent, which in any way fails to meet the Terms & Conditions of the Site or is in any way otherwise unsuitable, can be removed from the Site by CNH, with or without prior warning.
- If CNH receives complaints about any career opportunity advertised on the Site, CNH reserves the right to edit, alter or delete the offending advert with or without notice to the Advertiser
- CNH may also remove any advertised careers opportunity which contains content or links to an external website which, is in any way not in keeping with the professional standards of CNH.
- CNH may remove advertised careers opportunities where the links to third party websites are not functioning or where the advert links to any website which does not meet the standards of CNH
- CNH reserves the right to suspend or cancel your registration immediately either at our discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms & Conditions.
- From time to time, CNH may offer or agree to extra benefits for Advertisers
- Examples of extra benefits may include the addition of a logo to an advert, promotion of an advert on social media / to schools, and invitations to events
- These extra benefits are offered and/or agreed in good faith as a gesture of goodwill and may be withdrawn without notice at any time
- These extra benefits are offered/agreed at the exclusive discretion of CNH and by accessing this Site, you confirm you accept and comply with this.
- There are exclusive sponsorship opportunities on each of the relevant career sector pages as set out on the Local Sponsor – Enquiry form.
- Sponsorship is available on a 12-month basis and prices are available on request
- Sponsorship is confirmed by separate contract and sponsors have a 14-day cooling off period after which settlement is then expected within 30-days.
- For queries regarding sponsorship, please use the Local Sponsor – Enquiry form.