Help with Events & More
There are so many ways that Careersnearhere (CNH) can help support your careers and teaching staff – for free – however we do NOT provide individual advice and guidance online or careers advisers.
Whilst we do not provide individual advice and guidance online or careers advisers, there are so many ways that Careersnearhere (CNH) can help support your careers and teaching staff – for free.
For ease of reference, we have split this free support into different levels. To get in touch, please email or you can reach us via the Contact Us page.
To receive local careers updates that you can quickly and easily retweet/share or cut & paste into your school newsletter:
To help inform your students and parents/carers about Careersnearhere.com:
- Add CNH information & logo to your website
- Promote CNH with your audience – e.g. download posters to display around school/college
- Invite CNH to your school – e.g. parents’ evenings, year 11/12/13 talks/events &/or CPD staff information
- Log-in and advertise your own courses/open days for free – or send us details and we’ll do it for you
Articles by students can add value to their CVs and personal statement demonstrating creative writing skills as well as a sound understanding of the topic. Articles by staff can demonstrate the quality of teaching and/or careers provision and so profile your school/college. We can’t always guarantee to publish, but we absolutely love to receive guest blogs on relevant content. If you or your students want to get involved, here’s what to do:
- Get in contact with us to share your idea or draft blog so we can let you know if we can use it
- Supply one or more guest Blog(s) of minimum 1 page A4 – Topics incl: academic, apprenticeship, careers focus, motivation.
- We’ll boost approved blogs to a large local audience via social media (only first name used) and archive them on the website Blog page. They may also be shared on TES Resources
At Careersnearhere, we can offer in-school talks as follows. Please Contact Us for details.
- Using colourful PowerPoint slides, we deliver free talks – e.g. to parents, assemblies, year groups, classes or careers events
- Typically these are to years 11-13, but with the roll-out of the junior website there may soon be scope to extend this to years 5-10
- Variety of topics – e.g Uni, apprenticeships (inc. degree), transferable skills, CV-writing, work experience .. and many more! Ask for details
- Please see our Testimonials page for feedback on our in-school talks and workshops from Teachers & Advisers and from Young People
- We are happy to attend – and advertise – any school/college open evenings and careers events for free
- During the academic year we are also available to support schools/colleges with tried and tested specialist careers events
- We coordinate the providers attending and promote to schools right across the region, but you are the named host
- We call them Focus On events and each one has a specialist theme
There’s more about these specialist Focus On careers events here: